Friday 1 August 2014

Blogging Through the Alphabet (New every morning)

It's late. I'm tired.

I have had an extremely busy few days with our Holiday Bible Club (VBS). We have had friends to stay. We have had challenges to surmount. 

Above all else, I think of those verses in Lamentations. 

"It is of the Lord's mercies we are not consumed. 
His compassions fail not. 
They are NEW EVERY MORNING.
Great is thy faithfulness"

Every day The Lord has shown us great compassion and faithfulness. He has seen fit to answer prayer and bring in more children than  we expected. They listened well. They behaved well. They requested Bibles. Above all else, they heard the gospel. 

Our prayer now, is that The Lord would continue to speak to hearts, and save many, by His grace.

In his compassion, mercy and faithfulness. 

New. EVERY morning. 

I am thankful, too, that a new morning will bring a fresh anointing of His mercy, compassion and faithfulness in my day to day life. I don't need to rely on what I had yesterday, or was given today. It's NEW, every morning. 

Like manna of old, we have fresh supply each day, of every good thing which comes from God, as we need it. 

Need, not greed. 

I go to bed with a thankful heart, a continued prayer for every soul that heard the gospel, and assurance that a new day will bring new compassion. 

New, every morning.





No comments :

Post a Comment