Wednesday 5 March 2014

Chatting with Patrice {'av an avacado}



Hiya Patrice!!! We have spring springing up around us here.  Lots of pretty bulbs coming up, with lots of colour.  Weirdly, despite getting sunnier and brighter, we have had a few frosty mornings. It's weird because we have had such a mild winter, and NOW frost?? Hey ho!

Onto our chat!

  1. Do you like avocados?
Do I EVER!!! 

When I started doing Whole30 for the first time, I was THRILLED to learn that avocado is a healthier fat, and is one that can be eaten EVERY DAY!!!! I love the creamy texture of a really ripe avocado, and I  would put it through a salad, mixed in with a can of tuna, or I make guacamole.  

I love them.  That's what.

2.  Have you ever gone on a roller coaster?

Not a proper one. A lame one. And  that, quite simply, was enough for a lifetime!

No desire, WHATSOEVER, to go on one. 

Never.

Ever.

3.  Do you do cross stitch, needlepoint, crewel work, or needle punch?

I cross-stitched in years gone past. Not my thing now.

My Mum cross-stitched a lovely design which I keep on my kitchen window ledge as a reminder.



Now, crochet?.....

4.  Do you cook with gas or electric?

Now, here's a sore subject. 

Electric.  Sad days.  I dislike it intensely. It's an induction hob, ceramic. Currently, it seems to be even harder to control the heat than usual, which is hard enough as it is.  You can't just leave things to gently simmer, and there is no instant heat when you need it. My dream cooker is large, with gas ho and electric oven.

Don't get me started on my electric fan-assisted oven which is cooking unevenly just now....

5. Tell me something good, pleasant, or uplifting. Please.

I have wonderful friends.  I just had friends visit at the end of last week, and it was such a joy.  Good friends are a blessing.  They are a God-given delight, and can truly enrich your life and uplift your soul.  I had a bad week last week, then my friends came.  The Lord knew how my week would be, and that these visits would be a balm to my soul.  

 One friend made me laugh - proper belly laugh - for the first time in days. She gave me good advice and shared in some fun baking.  The other friend helped me in so many practical ways - even just holding my baby whilst she slept, and whilst awake, to free up my hands for other things. I think my friend would say that was win-win!!!

People, appreciate the people God has given YOU in your life. 


As ever, lovely to chat, m'dear!

1 comment :

  1. What a lovely blog! You are right about friends! They truly are gifts from God!

    ReplyDelete